If you're using a competing product, you can import your data into ArcticDesk.
Below is a list of the current migration options available. Please get in touch if you wish to migrate from another system.
Compatible Versions: 3.x, 4.x
Compatible Versions: 3.x
- WHMCS (Currently a separate migration script, click the link for details)
Compatible Versions: 5.x
We have a single script that covers all the above options, excluding WHMCS, that can be downloaded from our client area. Client login required.
- Please upload the files contained in this package to your ArcticDesk base folder.
- Visit the 'migration_script' folder in your browser. e.g. http://www.yoursite.com/support/migration_script/
- Select the software you are currently running from the dropdown and continue.
- Enter the database details of your selected software installation and click continue. If you do not know these, they usually can be found in the configuration file.
- Kayako - you can find the values in the /__swift/config/config.php file
- SupportTrio - you can find the values in the /admin/engine.inc.php file
- Select the data items that you would like to migrate to ArcticDesk. Please note that any existing data in your ArcticDesk database will be cleared before attempting the migration. We recommend including ticket priorities and ticket statuses if you wish to migrate tickets over.
- Choose if you wish to email your users their new password for ArcticDesk. This option will set up an email batch (containing one email per user) that sends out 20 emails per minute if the ArcticDesk cron job is running. We strongly recommend that this is used once you have tried the migration before and verified that everything has migrated successfully.
- Click Migrate Now to process the migration.
- You will either receive a success message if the migration was successful or an error message otherwise. Please contact our support team if you have any issues.
- An administrator must log in and edit all the departments to assign the right operators to them. Please note that if you have migrated the operators, all operators will be emailed a random password which they must use to login to the ArcticDesk operator panel.
- Once you have finished using the migration script, please remove the 'migration_script' folder from your server.